I hope you love your editor 🙂
I have been seeing some posts and discussions about people who have been led astray by their editor.
I have a few simple rules for books I edit.
1) We speak the same language
2) We understand the same dialect and slang (different from #1)
3) I will correct all of your English-Language-Rule mistakes, but when you get mad at me because your 6th grade English teacher taught you nothing; I am out
4) I will always provide proof to the correct way of saying/stating something, if you require it
5) We are friends! You want to publish the best book ever, and I want you to do that
So if you feel your editor is a bit harsh on you; it may be okay.
If you absolutely cannot get along and your editor stresses you out; absolutely find a new editor