If You Could Have Dinner With an Author?

Before I post my author, and I will tell you, I was arguing with myself for days; if you could have dinner with one author, living or not, who would it be?

I am expecting some familiar names, and please do not let that stop you from posting, because I would honestly love to have dinner with JK Rowling, Stephen King (hold the meal), or Mr. Patterson.

I would have loved to have had a face-to-face with Mr. William W. Johnstone, whom stoked my fire for writing when I wrote to him as a young teenager, obsessed with his books, and he replied, and we had a friendly relationship for several years.

That book right there; Sweet Dreams, put me on the path to loving books for the rest of my life!

And now I have a personal library in my house, and I am constantly hunting for the books I loved as a child. Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators? They are gold now, because I cannot find a single one under $30.00, and my local library does not even carry them anymore šŸ˜¦

So about that dinner…..who is it?

26 thoughts on “If You Could Have Dinner With an Author?

1. swordsandspectres July 16, 2017 / 5:55 pm

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. He was so much more than just an author. He was an inventor and dabbled in the paranormal. Fascinating man.

• Angela July 16, 2017 / 6:15 pm

You found me out! He is definitely my dinner partner, and the smartest Detective ever!

• swordsandspectres July 16, 2017 / 6:28 pm

Sounds like we both have fine taste in dinner guests.

• Angela July 16, 2017 / 7:00 pm

I would love to cook this meal !

2. Kristin July 16, 2017 / 7:33 pm

Lizzie Steel – she’s an indie author in England. I just finished her second book and plan to review it – it’s phenomenal! If you don’t mind, I’m going to piggy-back on your post idea again šŸ™‚

3. alison41 July 18, 2017 / 3:07 am

P G Wodehouse, and I would insist that Jeeves served the meal!

4. WallyJay July 18, 2017 / 4:49 am

Meg Calbot. From the way she writes, I would expect her to be quite sassy. As a writer myself though I would love to meet with an unheard of the author of like horror books. Someone on the same lines as me lower down in the hierarchy would be amazing to meet to pick their brains.

• Angela July 18, 2017 / 6:09 am

Great points! hanks for sharing WallyJay!

5. Dede July 18, 2017 / 10:33 pm

Louise Penny

6. Sharon E. Cathcart July 19, 2017 / 9:15 am

It seems so challenging to pick just one! I would have to populate an entire table with the likes of Maureen Jennings (the Murdoch mysteries), Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, C.W. Gortner, and J.K. Rowling.

• Angela July 19, 2017 / 9:24 am

It is difficult to be sure! I would love about a table of 8, and a 5 course dinner šŸ™‚

7. drewdog2060drewdog2060 July 19, 2017 / 9:31 am

Reblogged this on newauthoronline and commented:
    I will cheat and name not 1 but several authors: Charles Dicckens, Tolstoy, Bram Stoker and Emily Bronte.
    Allowing myself a little more cheating, I would like to have the following poets over for dinner: A E Housman, Ernest Christopher Dowson and Philip Larkin.

• Angela July 19, 2017 / 12:01 pm

What a great list! Imagine that dinner party!

8. alohapromisesforever July 21, 2017 / 7:59 am

Either Samuel Clemens or Will Rogers. I could use more of a sense of humor. Maybe that dinner would inspire me.

• Angela July 21, 2017 / 9:40 am

Samuel Clemens would be brilliant!

9. inuhli July 21, 2017 / 8:44 am

That’s difficult… I feel like J.R.R. Tolkien has to be the one to dine with. Though I think Max Brooks would be a very interesting dinner date. Or maybe Oscar Wilde. Or Kylie Scott. Or R. Lee Smith… I feel like the list could go on and on and on.

• Angela July 21, 2017 / 9:40 am

Great ideas! You mentioning J.R.R. Tolkien completely made me want to have dinner with C.S. Lewis šŸ™‚