What is Keeping Me From Reading…

10) I am depressed. I live in Michigan; enough said?

9) I am homeschooling…I cannot tell you the last paragraph I read in my book, but I can tell you Newton’s 3rd law of motion.

8) I work. 45-50 hours a week.

7) I volunteer at church. You would think this isn’t a big deal, but it eats up a lot of my time (which I am grateful for!)

6) I have a 17, 13, and 10 year old daughter in my house.

5) I procrastinate. Yes, I wait for the last minute for everything.

4) I am depressed. Yes; I already said it. But I do not do good without the sunshine.

3) I do not allow time for me, and my needs.

2) I live in Michigan

1) I allow my outside things to affect my inside me.

I do not do good without sunlight. I am a horrible procrastinator. I wait for others to fix my problems. I would love to crawl into a book and that is where I stay.

17 thoughts on “What is Keeping Me From Reading…

1. Pamela Beckford March 23, 2015 / 7:46 pm

I live in northeastern Indiana so I feel your pain. We got a very unexpected 5″ snowfall this afternoon. You probably heard me screaming where you are. I work a lot and have a stressful job but I don’t have children at home anymore thankfully. But when I don’t take at least 30 minutes before bed to read, I get extra cranky. Reading is what keeps me sane (well, as sane as I can be anyway)

• Angela March 24, 2015 / 12:24 pm

You poor thing! We are supposed to get some snow on Thursday, and I am pretty positive that if I see it, I will cry LOL

2. Rainman March 23, 2015 / 7:51 pm

I feel like I don’t have time to read, but you have me beat. Reserving time to read takes real discipline, even in my not-so-busy schedule. Can you read at bed time? I mean, if you somehow aren’t completely exhausted. I can’t do it, but my wife can. I am out as soon as my head hits the pillow. It sounds like you need to find new things to appreciate in Michigan! It could be worse… North Dakota? I don’t know. Good luck, and good cheer!

• Angela March 24, 2015 / 12:23 pm

I have lots of time to read when I go to bed, and I normally do, but lately I just put a movie in the dvd player and watch mindless television. I have been reading the same book for two weeks, and am not even halfway done. I can easily read a good sized book within a day….

3. Jin Okubo March 23, 2015 / 8:42 pm

I read in bursts, where I can. It is hard but is a fundamental joy of mine both as an author and a lover of books. I find that reading five books at once or more really gets me right. Because I can scatter them around the house or carry one in my back and read when there is a break in my schedule.
    All I can say is keep on trucking. Yes I know it is a bit cliche but the meaning is still strong in the implication of the word.s

4. tonyasmithauthor March 23, 2015 / 10:01 pm

Sounds like you need a vacation away from Michigan and the terrible weather for a few days! Time away to recoup does wonders if you can get away even for a day. Sorry Angela…. the winters are way too long there….Make sure you take your own time to do something nice for yourself and recharge….

5. Sharron March 23, 2015 / 10:29 pm

You need to make time for yourself. Bake some cookies, put the girls to bed and spend the evening just for you… reading.
    Lack of sunshine has been proven to be a causative factor in depression, so hopefully you will see some sun in Michigan soon! It has been a miserable winter for the east coast for sure.

6. Caryl McAdoo March 23, 2015 / 10:34 pm

Rent the old Rogers and Hammerstein musical SOUTH PACIFIC and memorize the tune Happy Talk! “♪♫•✞*Happy talking¨*•.♥✞.♪Talking happy talk!♫•*¨♪*✞•Talk about things you like to do!♪♫•✞*¨You got to have a dream!*•.♥✞.♪♫•*¨♪*✞•♫♪ If you don’t have a dream, ♪♫•✞*¨*•.♥✞.How you gonna have a dream come true?♪♫•*If you don’t talk happy¨♪*✞•♫♪ and you never have a dream•.♥✞.♪♫•*Then you’ll never have a ¨♪*✞•♫Dream♪♫♪Come♪♫•✞*¨*TRUUUUUE•.♥✞.♪♫•♪*✞•♫♪

7. helenwaldron March 24, 2015 / 4:36 am

You poor thing! I hope writing this list and putting your feelings into words made you feel a bit better. The European perspective (life really is slower in Europe) would be that you’re living a double professional life (quite apart from all the mother and teacher issues), as an employee and as a freelancer. Procrastination really is the bane of freelance work. Unfortunately employed work often represents security, and freelance work real interest. Getting your paid work done and putting off your potentially paid work means that you’re neglecting your interests (dreams, hopes) in favour of duty. We all do it (thank God!), but remember you’re doing it and try to tweak it a bit when you can.

Also remember that all emotions (in balance) are good.

8. Aimer Boyz March 24, 2015 / 5:27 pm

With all you have going on in your life I’m impressed that you find the time to post to your blog.

I think we’re all tired of the winter. Cold and dark days to not lend themselves to happy. Bring on the sun 🙂

• Angela March 24, 2015 / 7:37 pm

My blog has been severely neglected this past month! I have books to review and I just don’t have the motivation. As the days get warmer I’m sure I will get my motivation back 🙂

• Aimer Boyz March 31, 2015 / 6:50 pm

I’m a terrible blogger. I don’t even check the website that often, reading most blogs on my phone. Somehow, I don’t think the summer weather is going to help my blogging any 🙂

• Angela March 31, 2015 / 8:19 pm

I was doing so well at the beginning of the year; and then I just lost it! I hope we both get to blogging more! 🙂

9. emilia m. March 25, 2015 / 8:31 pm

yup, snow in the forecast, as to the Newton – grade 6? I’m asking because that’s what was in my house just recently 😉
    and the outside affecting inside – well, you’re human being, of course it works that way 😀
    Totally understand, take a break, and come back with more strength and ideas 😀 😀 😀

• Angela March 29, 2015 / 7:16 pm

She is actually in 8th grade 🙂 Sickness has come to visit my household, so we are all behind on everything!

• emilia m. March 29, 2015 / 9:00 pm

happens sometimes, unfortunately. All the best to you! 🙂

10. NikeChillemi April 9, 2015 / 11:42 am

Yes, I understand all of the above. I also homeschooled, but they’re grown now. Oh, BTW, luv, luv, luv your red hair in your thumbnail.