One of My Favorite Days!

The last day of ANY college class! I have to admit, this class went fairly well, and I had a great professor. He even suggested I submit my Graduate Research Paper to a magazine, journal, or online publication! I was shocked, but also very happy for the great encouragement. It really is nice to be recognized for the amount of hard work one invests in that type of assignment.

Throwing Papers in Air Image
courtesy of rockislandschools.org

So to celebrate, I dropped my HR Management class that was scheduled to begin tomorrow. It is starting to get nice here in West Michigan, and I want to read books that I pick. I also have a couple of editing jobs I just started working on, so I am very excited about that. I also plan on a lot of motorcycle rides, swimming pool time, and just plain laziness until my next class starts on June 23rd.

Yeah; June 23rd. Not the greatest time to start a college class, but it is my last required core class, and this is the last time it is offered this year, so I have to take it then or wait until 2017. I am already crossing fingers that that class will go as well as this one did.

So plan on a lot of book reviews, some featured authors, great quotes, and I will try to limit my grumbling to my parenting blog πŸ™‚

21 thoughts on “One of My Favorite Days!

1. Aimer Boyz March 30, 2016 / 1:13 pm

Congratulations, Angela. What a compliment and acknowledgement of your work. Brava!

• Angela March 30, 2016 / 4:01 pm

Thanks so much Aimer!

2. R. K. Brainerd March 30, 2016 / 1:50 pm

That’s awesome! I had professor of mine do the same once… one of the best feelings as a writer. ^.^ Have fun with the free time!

• Angela March 30, 2016 / 4:02 pm

Thanks R. K.! I have a lot of reading and editing on my to-do-list! I cannot wait!

3. jan March 30, 2016 / 3:43 pm

Congrats!!!

4. A Writer With Something To Say March 30, 2016 / 9:16 pm

What is your major? I am going to school online at Walden University for my Ph.D. in Educational Psychology. It’s funny I am a doctoral student, but my grammar still sucks. Any ideas? What kind of paper did you write?

• Angela March 31, 2016 / 8:37 am

My major is in Leadership Studies. Do not trust Word or any other Office type software to catch all of the spelling mistakes and errors πŸ™‚ It was an IT class, I wrote about the Oracle E-Business Suite of systems for operating functions.

• Angela April 1, 2016 / 8:25 am

It depends how much I want to push myself, which right now is not at all LOL. I will be done by the end of next year, working at a casual pace.

5. thewriteedge March 30, 2016 / 10:31 pm

So happy for you and the awesome feedback you received on your paper! What an encouragement! Looking forward to more reviews and interviews from you. Enjoy your time off!

• Angela March 31, 2016 / 8:37 am

Thanks so much! I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders LOL πŸ™‚

6. Heather M. March 30, 2016 / 11:21 pm

I’m curious…you might have already mentioned it, but what are you going to school for?

• Angela March 31, 2016 / 8:38 am

I am working on my Master’s in Leadership Studies. I will be done next year, working at a leisurely pace πŸ™‚

7. tonyasmithauthor April 4, 2016 / 2:46 pm

I’m glad you are relaxing some now…. It’s time to walk that Lake Michigan beach …. and feel the cool sand squish between your toes, and even see a few of those beautiful Michigan sunsets and sunrises as you sip on your favorite beverage…..School can wait …. but those days can’t…

• Angela April 4, 2016 / 7:29 pm

The snow can feel free to stop any time though, that is for sure! πŸ™‚

8. whereverplausible April 17, 2016 / 12:33 am

Congrats, such a great feeling — not only to be done, but to know you did well.

• Angela April 18, 2016 / 9:13 am

Thank you so much! My next class starts June 23rd, and I know it is going to be here any minute now…..

• Angela April 19, 2016 / 12:38 pm

Thank you Mark!

9. Steven Capps April 26, 2016 / 9:37 pm

Congrats! I am nearing the end of my degree as well. Good luck with your paper and I hope the weather stays awesome!